What we do
- Work closely with the Queensland Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry (and its predecessors) and other groups, on projects, trials and activities to lift productivity, improve production practices and improve quality.
- Work in partnership with the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research on a number of aid-related projects on Sweetpotato production.
- Maintain close links with the Louisiana State University (LSU). LSU is the premier institution in the United States working on Sweetpotato breeding, varieties, pests and diseases.
- Organise grower study tours to major United States Sweetpotato growing regions and visiting government and industry organisations.
- Examine the options for better marketing of Sweetpotatoes and develop processes to achieve our aims.